What is ASOS?
ASOS was founded in 1977 as the Orthopaedic Forum and changed its name in 1983 to Australian Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons. The ASOS objectives are promote and maintain the highest standard of orthopaedic patient care and professional conduct by orthopaedic surgeons.
- The advancement of orthopaedic surgery.
- To promote and maintain the highest standard of orthopaedic patient care in the community.
- To promote and maintain the highest standard of professional conduct by orthopaedic surgeons.
- To promote mutual understanding and fellowship between orthopaedic surgeons.
- To promote good relations between orthopaedic surgeons and others engaged in the practise of medicine and between orthopaedic surgeons and the community.
- To promote and safeguard the professional interests and the conditions of practice of orthopaedic surgeons.
- To promote and safeguard the freedom of choice of individual members of the community to seek and obtain the services of orthopaedic surgeons and others practising in both the private and public sectors of medicine.
Subscribe to e-News
Receive free monthly information and updates from ASOS. Stay updated with news and upcoming events.